Top 10 most Expensive Gemstones
A gemstone is a mineral in a natural crystalline form of a mineral. The rarity, the color, the size, the hardness, and the transparency of a gemstone depending entirely on its chemical components. Nature has offered us breathtaking gemstones which are desirable for their amazing beauty all over the world.
The rarity, durability and value of these gemstones make them a remarkable asset that can be enjoyed for generations. colored gems Gemstones don’t cease to amaze. Related to their beauty and rarity is also the wealth statement of the wearer. For thousands of years humans have been adorning themselves with gems and jewels to stand out and wow an audience.
Precious Gemstones vs. Semi Precious Gemstones
Precious gemstones are typically rarer, and therefore more expensive, than semi precious gemstones. Precious gemstones include diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Although pearls are technically not considered gemstones since they are formed organically, some consider them to be the equivalent of precious gems, especially when they are quality South Sea or Tahitian pearls.Sapphire ring
Semi Precious gemstones are comprised of the remainder of gems, including amethyst, citrine, garnet, topaz, morganite, peridot, opal, jade and coral. These are typically less expensive than precious stones because they are more readily available, although there are definitely exceptions to the rule. Rare versions of semi precious stones, such as Mandarin garnet or a fine specimen of Alexandrite, can cost just as much if not more than a precious stone. Much of a gemstone’s price depends on size and quality, as well as the distinction of precious versus semi-precious.
General Price Tiers of Gemstones
To give you a general idea of the heirarchy of gemstone pricing, we’ve broken the most common gemstones out into three tiers: Most Expensive, Mid-Range and Affordable:
Most Expensive Gemstones: Diamond, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby and Tanzanite
Mid-Range Gemstones: Aquamarine, Morganite, Peridot
Affordable Gemstones: Amethyst, Citrine, Garnet, Topaz
Whether we are talking about necklaces, rings, pendants, or bracelets, the precious and rare gems – mounted on jewelry – have long since become one of the favored ways to express just how much wealth one has. Here are the ten rarest and most expensive, of course, gems on earth:
Jadeite – over USD $3 Million/Carat
Red Diamonds – about USD $2-2.5 Million/Carat
Serendibite – about USD $1.8-2 Million/Carat
Blue Garnet – about USD $1.5 Million/Carat
Painite – about USD $50-60,000/Carat
Grandidierite – about USD $50,000/ Carat
Musgravite – about USD $35,000/Carat
Red Beryl Emerald – about USD $10,000.00/Carat
Black Opal – about USD $2,355/Carat
Jeremejevite – about USD $2000/Carat
1 Comment »
Top Wordpress Pages
Thanks For Your Rate$ and Credit$Share |
Buried Treasures on Wordpress
Thanks For Friendly Comments
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Expansion takes a back seat as Merafe focuses on paying down debtAccording to CEO Zanele Matlala, the company will focus on reducing debt that was accumulated over the last ten years as it aggressively expanded into the steel mining arena.
- Platinum ETF holdings hit record highPlatinum ETF holdings have hit a record high after fresh inflows into funds listed in London and Johannesburg.
- Will platinum, palladium and silver outperform gold this year?While gold has been in the ascendant so far this year, the ‘other’ precious metals – silver, platinum and palladium, have also seen rises. Will any of these leapfrog gold as the year progresses.
- Gold holding up despite lacklustre tradeIf these purchases continue at these levels, they will have a strong impact on the gold price, says Julian Phillips.
- Small shine returns to gold ETFs in IndiaAn expected price correction would see a spurt in ETF demand in the first half of 2014, say analysts.
- Expansion takes a back seat as Merafe focuses on paying down debt
Labels / Categorizes
Thanks for Your Visit
Top Clicks Inside